Sunday, July 11, 2010

A New Author's Home

So, what great author today doesn't have a blog where they lay down their life story and the random musings of each day? None. Except me before today (yes, I like to refer to myself as a great author... hopefully one day others will feel the same way).

I thought it was about time I joined the author's blogosphere. Who knows? I may have some fans out there... and we all know blogging is a great way to keep everyone updated on the latest that's going on in an author's life and how their writing is going!

So I'm doing it! Welcome to Aspirations in Writing, my blog dedicated to chronicling my journey to publication (hopefully). My name is Noelle and I'm an eighteen year old college student currently majoring in who-knows-what. I've wanted to be a writer ever since I read the amazing book "The Truth About Forever" by Sarah Dessen a few years back. That book really showed me how powerful YA writing could be and that I wanted to write YA fiction following in those footsteps!

I hope to emulate, but never overshadow, the likes of Sarah Dessen, Susane Colasanti and Jenny Han; three amazing YA fictional romance writers. And maybe one day I'll see my books sitting on bookshelves right next to theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment